Our Local Church
The mission of Connection Point Church of the Nazarene is simple: Loving God, Living His Word, Loving People. We seek to live this mission faithfully right in the middle of our very multicultural and economically diverse area. Though our church is located within Hawaiian Paradise Park, we have people that come from all over the Puna District of the Big Island.
- We believe loving God and living His Word cannot be disconnected from loving people.
- We believe that the church is to be the work of the people, not just the pastors.
- We believe the different cultures and economic situations that make up our area are not to be homogenized, but each are to be made holy by Jesus - each uniquely reflecting His glory.
- We believe in the beautiful and meaningful work of doing life together as the diverse body of Christ where everyone has a role and everyone has something to offer our world.
- We believe in empowering leaders, knowing that God equips us by His Spirit and that we're in this work together.
- We believe in practicing community together often over food, games, the Word, and prayer.
- We believe that God's love for us is transformative - He seeks to make every aspect of our lives more and more like Him.
Our Global Church
We are one local church that is a part of the global denomination the Church of the Nazarene. We are thankful for the foundation of beliefs that being a part of this body brings, but also for the creativity and freedom we have to do ministry specific to our context. The Church of the Nazarene has many resources on it's website if you'd like to explore specifics:
- Core Values: We are a Christian people. We are a Holiness people. We are a Missional people.
- Explore the Articles of Faith for the Church of the Nazarene. These are the primary theological beliefs that have formed who we are.
- If you would like more information about the Church of the Nazarene as a whole, visit www.nazarene.org