We are offering our former parsonage as the home base for pastoral retreats. It's a simple setup, but has ample room to rest while you're here. The parsonage is located on the 2nd story of 1 of 2 of our buildings on the church property.
Our area is rural, but within 15-30 minutes of driving to a few grocery options and small restaurants. Our area is also very multi-cultural, so guests should come aware and respectful of island living. We host a public charter school on our property during the week, so you'll hear some joyful noise during the school day, but most evenings and weekends are still and silent - aside from regular church activities. Kea'au is a jungly area so the noises you hear are mostly nature singing praises to our God!
Quick Facts About the Parsonage:
- 3 bedrooms all with queen beds; bed linens and pillows are provided or you're welcome to bring your own.
- Extra twin-sized and queen-sized air mattresses also available.
- 2 full bathrooms both with shower-tub combos. One bathroom is attached to the master bedroom, the other is shared by the common space and other two bedrooms. All towels are provided.
- Living room space with open concept to dining room area.
- Attached deck/lanai with a hammock and some outdoor chairs and table.
- Full kitchen with basic pots, pans, and dishes provided. Salt, pepper, and cooking oil also provided. First breakfast supply of oatmeal provided. Plan to cook many of your meals.
- Coffee maker with first morning supply of coffee provided.
- Laundry facilities are available downstairs for free use during the evening.
- We provide toilet paper, paper towels, and basic cleaning supplies.
- Minimal Wi-Fi available on purpose - use this space to unplug. If Wi-Fi usage is essential, guests may access a slow connection from the attached lanai space or a better connection in the church sanctuary.
- No TV; some books and games are provided to intentionally foster reconnection.
- No air conditioning, but the parsonage gets great air flow most of the year. All windows have screens to keep out the bugs. This is the tropics and we are offering an island-style realistic experience rather than resort living.
- We are located about 20-30 minutes from the Hilo Airport (ITO) or a 2-hour drive from the Kona Airport (KOA). We suggest flying into Hilo, though it may cost more.
Feel free to contact us with specific questions before you submit a pastoral retreat request if you have a question about the parsonage's housing details. Confirmed retreat guests will receive a welcome packet before arrival giving orientation details, and more specific information about our area so you're well prepared on what to bring or not bring with you.
Currently, pastoral retreats are run on a love offering basis. Please pray about what you could contribute if you come for a pastoral retreat so we may continue this ministry. We hope this enables pastors and their families to partake in retreat in a location they otherwise may not have been able to afford. We currently do not have a consistent vehicle we can loan out, so rental car, food, and flight costs all should be considered before submitting a pastoral retreat request. We do not operate as tour guides for guests, but rather as hosts providing space for you to meet with God and reconnect as needed with God, your family, creation, and self. See the options listed down below on the pastoral retreat request form for more information on what we can provide, or again, feel free to contact us.
If you are not coming for a retreat, but would like to contribute towards this ministry, you can make a donation here.